The Talking Rams (Ladue Horton Watkin High School speech and debate team) excelled at their first tournament! Brentwood High School and Oakville High School co-hosted the first invitational of the year on Oct. 14 – 15. Students from LHWHS entered multiple events and were very successful!
- Miriam Hauptman won first place in Novice Impromptu Speaking — she had perfect scores!
- Jerome Gregory won first place in Novice Original Oratory and third place in Novice Lincoln-Douglas debate.
- Ibhan Kulkarni won fourth place in Novice Lincoln-Douglas debate.
- Linhan Chen won fifth place in Novice Original Oratory.
- Benjamin Collinger and Sam Kramer placed fifth in Novice Policy Debate.
- Katharine Ross placed fourth in Novice Prose/Poetry Interpretation.
- Janine Norman won first place in Novice Interpretation AND Varsity Dramatic Interpretation. She was entered as a novice but received the highest scores in Dramatic Interpretation in the tournament and won both categories!
- Emily Bell won first place in Extemporaneous Speaking — she had perfect scores!
- David Abraham received fifth place in Extemporaneous Speaking.
- Sarah Allen placed sixth in Extemporaneous Speaking.
- Collin Christner won fifth place in Varsity Humorous Interpretation.
- Second place in speaking events
- Third place in debate events
- Second place in the tournament
Congratulations to the students on an amazing first tournament!