The Talking Rams competed in the National Forensic League’s Eastern Missouri Speech and Debate District Tournament in March. Six students qualified to the national tournament, many other students made it to the final round, and the team won multiple honors.
- Sarah Allen – Domestic Extemporaneous Speaking
- Chloe An – Domestic Extemporaneous Speaking
- Collin Christner and Sydney Petersen – Duo Interpretation
- Jerome Gregory – Original Oratory
- Haohang Xu – Lincoln-Douglas Debate
Allen and Gregory were district champions in their respective events. Gregory also qualified in Lincoln-Douglas Debate but students are only permitted to compete in one event at the national tournament.
Other students making it to the final round of their events include:
- Sarah Allen and Chloe An – Public Forum Debate
- Collin Christner and Sydney Petersen – Public Forum Debate
- Benjamin Collinger – International Extemporaneous Speaking
- Sam Crowder and Mike Figenshau – Policy Debate
- Miriam Hauptman – Domestic Extemporaneous Speaking
- Haohang Xu – Original Oratory
- Leading Chapter Award
- Interpretation Sweepstakes, 3rd place
- Overall Sweepstakes, 1st place
The national tournament will take place in Birmingham, Alabama in mid-June.