The Ladue Horton Watkins High School speech and debate team, the Talking Rams, competed in the Oakville Events Round Robin hosted by Oakville High School on Friday, November 1. 2013 and the Brentwood Debate Round Robin hosted by Brentwood High School on Saturday, November 2, 2013.
The round robin style of competition presented unique challenges to the speech and debate team as the team usually competes in tournament-style competitions. However, due to hard work and dedicated preparation, many students found success at both round robins!
- Renee Colby: 3rd place, Poetry Interpretation; 6th place, Humorous Interpretation
- Benjamin Collinger: 8th place, International Extemporaneous Speaking
- Simi Falako: 8th place, Original Oratory
- Jacob Granick: 2nd place, Congressional Debate
- Shira Morosohk: 7th place, Original Oratory
- Tushar Raj: 6th place, Original Oratory
- Rasika Sant: 2nd place, Prose Interpretation; 5th place, Domestic Extemporaneous Speaking
- Ben Zhang: 3rd place, Congressional Debate
- Elaine Zhang: 4th place, Poetry Interpretation; 5th place, Radio Speaking
- Noah DiAntonio: 2nd place, Radio Speaking
- Larisa Koyen: 7th place, Prose/Poetry Interpretation
- David Song: 7th place, Radio Speaking
- Huayu Gao: 7th place, Lincoln-Douglas Debate
- Jacob Granick and Bobby Zitzmann: 6th place, Public Forum Debate
- Noah DiAntonio and Maya Mutic: 7th place, Policy Debate
- Larisa Koyen: 6th place, Lincoln-Douglas Debate
Next weekend the team will compete in a mini one-day tournament sponsored by the Greater Saint Louis Speech Association before hosting the Ladue Novice Invitational at Ladue Horton Watkins High School Nov. 15-16, 2013.