The Ladue Horton Watkins High School Speech and Debate Team competed in the Greater Saint Louis Speech League’s 2013-2014 tournament which concluded Jan. 18 at Ritenour High School.
Traditionally, Ladue Schools students have performed extremely well at this tournament and this year was no different.
Congratulations to the team and team members on their accomplishments:
- Lincoln-Douglas Debate: Shira Morosohk (12th), 2nd place
- 5th in Debate Sweepstakes
- Extemporaneous Speaking: Rasika Sant (10th), 3rd place
- Original Oratory: Shira Morosohk, 2nd place and Tushar Raj (11th), 3rd place
- Radio Speaking: Emily Chu (12th), 4th place
- 1st place in Public Speaking Sweepstakes
- Prose Reading: Miriam Hauptman (11th), 1st place and Shira Morosohk, 2nd place
- Poetry Reading: Elaine Zhang (10th), 3rd place
- 4th place in Oral Interpretation Sweepstakes
- Simi Falako (10th) and Bobby Zitzmann (10th) qualified to Super Session
- 5th in Congressional Debate Sweepstakes
- MVP of GSL – Shira Morosohk, 2nd place
*This award is given to a student who participates in debate, public speaking, and oral interpretation and competes in each round of GSL competition! Getting 2nd place in such a competitive district is a true achievement!
- 3rd place in Overall Sweepstakes