The Reed School Association celebrated this milestone on Sunday, Oct. 19, 2914. Guests partied like it was 1939, with live big band music, vintage games, and a unicycle troop.
Reed Elementary School opened in 1939, as Ladue School when the district was an elementary school district only. In 1951, it became a K-12 school district. The name was changed to Reed Elementary School in 1969, in honor of Principal Mamie Reed.