The speech and debate team competed in the MSHSAA District Tournament, held at Parkway South High School on Feb. 27- 28.
The following entries qualified to the MSHSAA State Speech & Debate Tournament:
- Senior Benjamin Collinger: second place in Policy Debate with a 6-0 record in Foreign Extemporaneous Speaking
- Junior Rasika Sant: second place in Policy Debate with a 6-0 record
- Senior Miriam Hauptman: second place in Domestic Extemporaneous Speaking
- Junior Jackie Wong: third place in Humorous Interpretation
Other tournament results:
- Benjamin Collinger : seventh place in Radio Speaking
- Sophomore Gabbie Burton: sixth place in Duet Acting
- Sophomore Larisa Koyen: sixth place in Duet Acting
- Junior Simi Falako: sixth place in Poetry Reading
- Miriam Hauptman: fourth place in Storytelling
- Rasika Sant: sixth place in Dramatic Interpretation and sixth place in Prose Reading
The MSHSAA State Speech and Debate tournament will be held on the campus of Missouri State University in Springfield, Missouri, in late April.