Ladue Horton Watkins High School speech and debate team competed in the Eastern Missouri District’s tournament at Clayton High School and Pattonville High School on March 6- 8, 2015.
Twenty-six students represented the school and the following entries qualified to the NSDA National Speech and Debate Tournament:
- Senior Benjamin Collinger: second place in International Extemporaneous Speaking and second place in Policy Debate
- Senior Miriam Hauptman: second place in United States Extemporaneous Speaking
- Sophomore Maya Mutic: third place in Policy Debate
- Sophomore Patrick Naughton: third place in Policy Debate
- Junior Rasika Sant: first place and District Champion in International Extemporaneous Speaking and second place in Policy Debate
- Junior Bobby Zitzmann: first place and District Champion in Congressional Debate, Senate
The NSDA National Tournament only allows students to compete in one event at the national tournament. Benjamin and Rasika elected to compete in International Extemporaneous Speaking at the national tournament.
- Sophomore Gabbie Burton: fourth place in Duo Interpretation
- Junior Simi Falako: sixth place in Original Oratory and 4th place in Congressional Debate, House 1
- Sophomore Larisa Koyen: fourth place in Duo Interpretation
- Freshman Edward Wu: sixth place in Congressional Debate, House 3
- Fourth place in Congressional Debate Sweepstakes
- Second place in Speech Sweepstakes
- Second place in Debate Sweepstakes
- First place and District Champions, Overall Sweepstakes
The NSDA National Tournament will be held at the Sheraton Dallas Hotel in Dallas, Texas in mid-June.