Every year, each building chooses a teacher of the year to be recognized by the Ladue School District. Then, one teacher is chosen as District Teacher of the Year. Each of the following individuals have dedicated time and effort into making learning a positive, fun and fulfilling experience for our students, and we thank them for their contributions!
Sweeney La Barge was chosen as District Teacher of the Year. Ask Sweeney what the best part of his job is, and he’ll tell you, “Easy—the people around me.” And he means all of them: students, teachers and administrators. He loves the interactions he has with all of them.
It’s this team mentality that Sweeney loves. Ladue Schools is the best team he’s ever been on, and he genuinely believes that we’re all better because we’re on this team. To use his words: “We reach more students when we’re a team. We impact our community as a team. Sometimes we disagree, but we respect each member of our team.”
– Jody Croghan, SSD Special Education Teacher, LECC
– Carolyn Parham, Second Grade Teacher, Conway
– Connie Jander, Physical Education Teacher, Old Bonhomme
– Jena Dennett, Kindergarten Teacher, Reed
– Krystal Florez, First Grade Teacher, Spoede
– Beth Barrier, Communication Arts Teacher, FGC
– Lisa Kovarik, 8th Grade Social Studies, LMS
– Sweeney La Barge, Science Teacher, LHWHS and District Teacher of the Year