From May 11 to May 13, 14 chess players from Ladue Schools competed in the 2018 National Elementary (K-6) Chess Championship in Nashville, Tennessee. After three days and seven rounds of competition, our students scored high among the 2,255 participants from 44 states.
- Spoede Elementary won 9th place Team in K-6 Championship Section. The team players are: Luke Ye (4), Celina Zhou (4), Rex Zhu (4) and Roy Zhu (2).
- Conway Elementary won 16th place in K-3 Championship Section Team with Ayden Huang and Aaron Lin
- Rex Zhu (4), Spoede, won individual 1st place in U1200-1299 Class in K-6 Championship Section.
- Ayden Huang (2), Conway, won 28th place in in K-3 Championship Section.
- Aaron Lin (3), Conway, won 29th place in in K-3 Championship Section.
- Alex Zhang (2), Spoede, won 56th place in K-3 Championship Section.
- Newman Shen (2), Old Bonhomme, won 66th place in K-3 Championship Section.
- Felix Zhang (3), Spoede, defeated players with much higher ratings and scored two points.
- Sahil Chatwal, Fifth Grade Center, ranked 92 in K-5 U900 Section.
- Franklyn Yang,Fifth Grade Center, ranked 107 in K-5 U900 Section.
- Samuel Lu (6), Ladue Middle School, competed in K-6 U1400 Section and scored 3 points.
- The youngest Ladue student competed in this tournament is Simon Shen, kindergartener from Old Bonhomme Elementary.