On Saturday, Feb. 2, Ladue Horton Watkins High School (LHWHS) students held their annual Ladue Dance Marathon at Ladue Horton Watkins High School, where the grand total of the donations for the Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals was revealed.
This year, the students raised a grand total of $73,219, surpassing their goal of $70,000! Over the past six years, Ladue Dance Marathon has raised more than $280,000. All funds stay local, going directly to Children’s Hospital and SSM Cardinal Glennon to help pay for new patient programs, equipment and facility renovations.
Students who participate in Ladue Dance Marathon spend months fundraising and wrap up their efforts at the event with music and dancing, games and philanthropic activities. Several patient families, known as “Miracle Families,” also attend the event to share their inspirational stories with the students who support them.
“We are incredibly proud of our leaders, Ashley Byer and Hannah Suffian, and their team,” faculty co-sponsors Mike Farrell and Julie Blank said. “These students worked for every last donated dollar—arranging benefit events with local businesses, canning at grocery stores over the summer, holding fundraisers at school, planning fun and creative motivators at the event itself, and inspiring the dancers to be part of the Children’s Miracle Network’s mission. This team of students deserves all of the credit for this remarkable accomplishment!”
Dance Marathon is a nationwide organization that raises funds and awareness for Children’s Miracle Network. Ladue Dance Marathon is student-led and was the first high school Dance Marathon in Missouri.
The Ladue DM Executive Board:
- Ashley Byer, Hannah Suffian – Executive Directors
- Alice Birchfield, Sophie Isaacs, Lauren Cedergreen – Fundraising
- Jack Gallemore, Maddie Sokolik, Jamie Korenblat, Maddy Witzofsky – Dancer Rltns.
- Taylor Ott, Jill Goldwasser – Logistics
- Blake Berg, Anna Spirtas – Morale
- Lauren Vanlandingham, Molly Mullen – Miracle Family Relations
- Madison Grady, Meghan Huber – Entertainment
- Maggie Lochmoeller – Social Media
- Luke Minkler – Technology
- Elliot Loitman – Finance
- Mary Gerding – Faculty Relations & Talent Show Coordinator
- Hans Mueller, Jackson Bry – Crew
Additionally, the morale team includes twenty more students from all grades. Alongside the student leadership are our great advisors, Mr. Farrell and Mrs. Blank, who have overseen every Dance since 2013.