Congratulations to LHWHS’ speech and debate teacher Molly Beck, who is being recognized by the National Speech & Debate Association for her exemplary volunteerism to promote speech and debate.
Molly currently serves on the Eastern Missouri District Committee, which manages St. Louis area speech and debate activities.
According to the National Speech & Debate Association:
Molly goes above and beyond in service to the speech and debate community at large. Committee member responsibilities include:
- Expanding access to speech and debate by recruiting new programs.
- Providing ongoing mentorship for first time coaches as they learn the ropes.
- Organizing and hosting local tournaments.
- Communicating with local coaches about upcoming events and rules.
- Coordinating recognition opportunities for students and coaches across the district.
Molly has been tapped to help make difficult decisions about tournament operations for the safety and well-being of students throughout your district. In these challenging times, the leadership and input that Molly offers our national organization is more valuable than ever. While this spring hasn’t gone the way we expected, one thing we know for sure is that Molly has made a big difference in the lives of students this year.
This is not the first time Molly has been recognized for her contributions to speech and debate. As always, Ladue is proud of the work Molly has done for our district and the St. Louis area.
To learn more about the National Speech & Debate organization, visit their site.
To view more stories about Molly Beck’s work, check out our speech and debate tag.