Ladue Horton Watkins High School DECA members earned the organization’s highest honors at DECA’s annual International Career Development Conference (ICDC) in Atlanta in April.
LHWHS students receiving recognition at the international level were:
- Rishil Gadde (10) – Stock Market Game, Finalist (top 20 overall)
- Liam Oiknine (11) – Innovation Plan, Finalist (top 20 overall)
- Rory Bland (11) and Sam Deutsch (11) – Sports and Entertainment Marketing Team qualifiers
- Anna Cochran (12) – Food Marketing qualifier
- Adam Devine (11) and Charlie Wolf (11) – Entrepreneurship Team qualifiers
- Nicole Dong (11) and Sarah Gao (11) – Business Law and Ethics Team qualifiers
- Jasmine Li (11) and Erica Shi (11) – Hospitality Services Team qualifiers
- Arman Mubeen (12) – Financial Consulting qualifier
- Ronak Nagarajan (11) – Business Services Marketing qualifier
- Clayton Seeger (11) – Automotive Services Marketing qualifier
- Mia Wallis (11) – Leadership Delegate Qualifier and IGNITE Leadership Academy Attendee
This year’s conference featured almost 18,000 members and advisors in attendance.
In addition to career-based competition, DECA members engaged in leadership academies and networking opportunities with more than 70 internationally recognized businesses and universities.
During the school year, approximately 100,000 of DECA’s 160,000 high school student members take part in the organization’s competitive events program, allowing them to compete for local, regional, and state titles.
The competitions are designed to simulate real-life business scenarios and test students’ academic understanding and skills development.